Wilderness and Remote First Aid
· Must be 14 years old
· Must have a current CPR and First Aid Certification
· Classroom with tables and AV equipment
Wilderness and Remote First Aid is designed for anyone who works or spends time in remote environments, this course teaches advanced skills to be used in emergencies when help from professional first responders may be far away.
In this 2 day, 16 hour course you will learn the skills needed to confidently respond to issues such as Altitude Sickness, cuts and broken bones, shock and any other issues that may arise while you are responding to a disaster or just enjoying the great outdoors.
This course aligns with OSHA’s Best Practices for Workplace First Aid Training Programs.
*Provided by Huff Technical Training and Response
· Primary and Secondary Assessments
· Head/Brain, Neck and Spinal Injuries
· Heat-Related Emergencies
· Altitude-Related Illnesses
· Allergies and Anaphylaxis
· Bone and Joint Injuries
· Wounds and Wound Infection